القائمة الرئيسية

الصفحات

شريط الاخبار

Kim (The Voice 2020) eliminated against Ifè: "I am very grateful" (Interview)

Kim (The Voice 2020) eliminated against Ifè: "I am very grateful" (Interview)





 battles for The Voice 9 continue. After facing Ifè on the title "Trop beau" of Lomepal this Saturday March 21, 2020, Kim was eliminated from the competition by Marc Lavoine. In an interview for PRBK, the singer talks about her career, her coach, her elimination, but also her projects.
Purebreak: How long have you been making music?
Kim: I have been making music and singing since I was a little girl. After that, I started performing from the age of 14 and only recently became an intermittent performer. I stopped studying to be intermittent because the music was taking me a long time. I am part of a lot of different formations, a gospel formation, a soul formation, I am part of a lot of different groups.
It was a rough passage of my life, I really lost my vocal identity
You lost your voice by singing, what happened?
It was a rough passage in my life. I was part of a ball orchestra for a few years. It was a super rewarding experience that I do not regret in any way. That said, my first year in this orchestra made me lose my voice unfortunately. You should know that the rhythm of life that one has while being member of a ball orchestra, it is really hardcore. We get up early and leave on benefits early in the day. The time that we settle in, that we put on makeup, that we do the sound checks, that we do the show, that we clear everything up and that we go home, knowing that we are going to several cities every night there is little rest time. That, accumulated every day for almost 4 months and especially 4 hours of show on stage, I I really took a hit. I think it was perhaps the lack of technique, but my vocal cords did not hold. I lost my voice for quite a while, for more than 6 months. It was really hard for me, I really lost my vocal identity.
Today, have you learned techniques so that it does not happen again?
Yes, by force, you learn to manage your energy and time. We are not going to spend 4 hours on stage giving 100%. Unfortunately, we will have to gauge and be strategic, quite simply.
I was not really interested in TV-hook shows
Why did you decide to participate in The Voice today?
It is not the first time that I have been offered it. I was not really interested in the show, or maybe the TV hook shows. I’ve been through a lot in recent years and when I was re-offered to go on the casting, I said to myself "well go, in fact you're ready! It's time to show everyone what are you capable of, that you have recovered from this extinction of voices, that you are fine and that you are not going to stop the music, on the contrary, that now you are stronger. "
What put you off in tele-crochet shows?
Nothing really put me off, it's just that I always wondered if I would find my place in this kind of show.
What kind of messages have you received since the blind auditions?
I received a lot of positive messages, mainly. People I know and don't know. It touched me a lot, I received a lot of messages of encouragement and obviously a few messages from people who did not appreciate it but that is normal, we cannot please everyone, I am well aware, and it's cool to have each other's opinions.
I was proud to know that I was going to battle with Ifè
How did you react when you learned that you were going to sing in front of Ifè?
I did not know Ifè when the news was announced to me and I had no idea what he had proposed for the blind auditions. I ended up seeing his video and I saw that he had the 4 coaches returned. I saw his performance, quite simply, which was incredible. He's a guy with a lot of charisma, which is incredible. I was proud to know that I was going to do battle with him. I told myself that we were going to do something that was going to tear up. I told myself that the guy was more or less in the same delirium as me, we are more or less urban both. It is not necessarily what that I showed at the blind auditions but I know that his style suits me and I took it as a good element.
And learning the title of the song (Trop beau, Lomepal)?
I didn't know the song. After listening to it, I realized that it was still quite street, urban sound so it was a good point. These are words that are quite heavy and quite harsh and it touched me because I really like text songs like that. Texts in which people in everyday life could recognize themselves. It is not necessarily my style because I do not necessarily listen to French, but I liked the song. It's rap and I don't necessarily rap so I thought there was a way to do something good and do something I never did. So I took it as a challenge.
Are you satisfied with your performance?
I am seriously satisfied with my performance! Definitely! I worked a lot, on my side, all alone, and also with Ifè, thanks to the advice of Marc Lavoine and thanks to the advice of our vocal coach as well. I'm glad I took up the challenge and presented something that I don't necessarily do, that I don't necessarily do. I felt like I had done the thing well so I was pretty happy.
When Amel Bent says to me "frankly, I love your phrasing, I love your flow", it's a great pleasure
Amel complimented you a lot, what did you do?
I had a lot of compliments from the coaches and especially from Amel Bent , it touched me a lot. Very sincerely, I did not expect it. For my part, I still worked a lot, it was not my thing to rap. I was praying that everything will go well and that it works so when we have Amel Bent who says to me "frankly, I love your phrasing, I love your flow", that is a serious pleasure.
Would you have liked another coach to turn around during blind auditions?
I would have liked, like everyone I think, to have the 4 coaches perhaps but simply the fact of having one, I was super happy. I really had no idea of ​​the coach with whom I was going to go, I told myself that I was going to go with the one who believes in me and the one who believed in me was Marc Lavoine. I was very very grateful for that.
I am grateful for the visibility that has been given to me through The Voice
Who do you support in Marc Lavoine's team?
Quite honestly, there was such an atmosphere in Marc Lavoine's team, we all got hooked, so I think we all support each other, we are full of advice, full of good spirits. I support all those who are still in the running. Everyone deserves.
What is waiting for you now?
I resume my daily routine, namely my intermittent life, event evenings, weddings, classes, etc. If there are proposals that are made, I would study them well as it should. The musical experience is just beginning and I am grateful for the visibility that I have been given through The Voice. Thanks to this visibility, I am giving more importance to social networks and in particular to my Instagram. I plan to post more cover and stuff a little crazy too because it turns out that I do not sing only in English and French, I also sing in Korean and many other languages. I have lots of surprises for those who follow me.

تعليقات