القائمة الرئيسية

الصفحات

شريط الاخبار

Margau (The Voice 2020) eliminated against Maria: "I was disappointed with the way it went"

Margau (The Voice 2020) eliminated against Maria: "I was disappointed with the way it went"






 Margau and Maria Doyle, Lara Fabian chose. Following the knockouts of The Voice 9 broadcast this Saturday, April 18, 2020, the coach finally decided to take the Irish singer to the semi-finals, to the detriment of the Canadian singer. In an interview for Purebreak, Margau returns to this elimination which she finds disappointing ...
Purebreak: Did you expect to win against Matteo during the battle?
Margau: No, I can't say I expected to win. I still had confidence seeing that I had already lived it in La Voix , in Quebec (note: it reached the quarterfinals of La Voix 5 , as she explained in an interview for Purebreak ) so I knew a little what to expect for the battles but, at the same time, I told myself that it was a song that I did not know at the start, unlike Matteo who was lucky to know it before. So it shattered my confidence a little. I went on stage with him to give a great performance above all. The result was favorable for me but I was not sure to win, not at all.
Why did you choose Panic's High Hopes ! at the Disco for The Voice knockouts ?
It's a song that I really like, that I often hear on the radio, and each time I turn up the sound, I fell in love. Listening to the lyrics, I find that there is really a beautiful text behind. You don't always have what you want in life but you always have to go back. It shows a bit of my journey at The Voicebecause, before being chosen for the blind auditions, I tried my luck at least 4 times and, each year, it did not work but each year, I returned there. This year, I went back despite the many hesitations that I had, and finally, the year when I hesitated the most, I was chosen. So it represented my journey well. And then I also found that it gave another facet to my voice and my personality because, until now, I had only done walks, softer songs. I wanted to make a song more vocal, more rhythmic.
It was logical that Lara Fabien listens to Maria but it adds an additional stress of not knowing
How did you feel when Lara said she preferred to see the latest talent before giving you an answer?
For me, in my head, it made sense. It would have been a shame if Maria sang, knowing directly that there was no room for her. For me it was logical, I was not completely surprised. When I was awarded 6th place, it is not the rank that I would have liked to have, but hey, it was not me who chose ... It was logical that she listens to Maria but that adds the added stress of not knowing.
Were you disappointed that she chose Maria?
Oh well yes, I will not hide it, it was a big disappointment. It is not so much the fact of not passing, because I knew that one day or the other, the adventure would end for me, it is more the way it happened that I found disappointing, but we can't control that, it could have happened to anyone and it fell on me.
What I didn't understand is how it went
Did you understand his decision not to keep you?
Yes and no. I understood that in any case, Maria is an extraordinary person, inspiring and everything, but what I did not understand is how it went. From the beginning, we see that the coach makes 4 buzz and must then choose 3 talents among the 4, while there, it was only played between Maria and me. So that I did not understand.
Do you regret not having chosen another coach?
I cannot say that I regret because I could not have known that it would have happened like that. I had a good time with Lara, I got to know each other, we had a lot of giggles all the talents together and Lara is a singer that I have always admired technically, it was really an honor to be able work with it. I didn't really know the other coaches. I knew Amel Bent a little, but not enough to tell me that I would go with her more than with Lara. That’s why, during the blind auditions, my choice was really justified in my head, but if I did the blind auditions tomorrow morning, maybe it would be different because, now, I can say that I know them a little more, but it's not a regret. On the contrary, I was very happy to have been with her.
Amel Bent said you were The Voice for her, it's a nice compliment!
Every time I went by, she gave me great compliments. That's why I tell myself that it might have been a good choice too, but like I said, I couldn't predict in advance.
For me, Cheyenne is going to the final. I would even see her win The Voice!
What do you think of her choice to keep Cheyenne, Gustine and Maria?
For me, Cheyenne, from the start, it was she who went to the semi-finals and the final. I would even see her win The Voice . It's completely my style of singer, my style of song that she sings. He is also a person I greatly admire. We were together in the hotel room, we were roommates for a few weeks and she is an incredible person, I adore her and she became my friend today so I am really happy for her. When I was eliminated, I think she was as sad as I was, she was crying and I was the one who had to console her (laughs). Gustine is a complete artist, she has her style, she is a musician. For me, she also has chances to win The VoiceI know her a little less than Cheyenne but she is a very very nice person. And then Maria, she is such an inspiring person, she is a great artist and I love her very much.
Who is The Voice for you this year?
It's a good question ... I have several favorites but, for me, but I would say Terrence, in the team of Amel Bent. He has a great voice and I think he really deserves it.
What are you waiting for?
Before The Voice , I already had a music contract with a record company in Quebec. With The Voice , we put him on pause. There, we will quietly start working on the album. We are going to try to find a niche, to know what my style of songs really is so that it is clear because there, at the moment, it seems that I try to sing everything. I don't have a specific style of mine, so we're really going to work on it to find that. And then I hope to be able to return to France to do concerts and reconnect with the French public.
Interview by Marion Poulle. Exclusive content. Do not reproduce without quoting PureBreak.com.

تعليقات